Hello everyone! For those who don’t know me, my name is Adyson Willett and I am a professional fútbol player from the United States currently playing in Mexico.
I am a 25-year-old California native who loves to adventure, play sports, explore nature, meet new people, be creative, eat good food, and overall just experience this crazy life to the fullest.
My playing-abroad adventures started in August 2020 when I moved to Almuñećar, Spain to play for an academy team called FC Málaga City Feminino. I then moved to Niš, Serbia in August 2021 where I played for a Division 1 amateur-professional team called ŽFK Mašinać Trace. After that season ended in June 2022, I got recruited in July to play for a division 1 professional team in Mexico called Xolos Feminil where I am currently playing.
My goal is to play as long as I can while living and traveling through different countries and cities around the world. I am so fortunate that I play the greatest and most popular sport in the world, so I have the opportunity to go anywhere with it! It has been an incredible journey so far and I have learned so much about myself, traveling, living in different countries, new cultures, fútbol, and life overall.
I realize that living abroad while playing fútbol is a very unique opportunity that not many people experience which is why I have decided to write this blog! With this blog I hope to:
1) Inspire and give useful information to players (and athletes in general) to help achieve their goals of playing at the next level– whether that is playing overseas, playing in college, or just overall improving their play.
2) Honestly describe what being an amateur pro fútballer entails and share what a “day in the life” is like.
3) Allow friends and family to follow my adventures and gain a better understanding of what living abroad is like.
4) Share my travel experiences and give insider information on where to visit, what to do, and what to eat in the countries I have visited.
5) Be open about the health problems that I have overcome in order to create a safe space and help those who may also be going through similar struggles.
6) And finally, be open about the health issues I am currently dealing with in hopes this can help me work through them.
Short and sweet: this blog discusses all things soccer and fitness, shares my travel excursions, and elaborates on health topics that have been prevalent in my life!
So, if you’re interested in following my world tour or want to acquire what I have learned along the way, then kick back and relax!
I hope you enjoy it!